Sunday 20 July 2014

Paper Days


'Four friends became family through music' - This quote from Paper Days Facebook page is so nice and exactly what music should be about - something that a lot of people forget.



Paper Days are a relatively new band from sunny California and are currently based in San Diego. They are an indie rock band and it is so easy to hear the influences of garage rock throughout. Although they do come from California, it would be completely silly to assume they are a sunny, beach band! Yes of course there are elements of this but you can tell their influences and that they are clearly willing to experiment with their sound. I would liken Paper Days to someone such as The 1975, as they are a similar type of band and similar sound.

My personal favourite track of their is Golden. I love the opening of the track and it is so easy to imagine this being played to a large audience, either an arena/stadium or festival. You can hear the talent these 4 guys have! The acoustic parts in this song are slightly unexpected but completely works and defiantly makes the chorus 'pop' more.

One thing I would say about their tracks is that there is quite a long intro to each. Although this defiantly gives you the chance to get a feel for what the track is going to be like, I would personally prefer it to be slightly shorter and get to the vocals quicker - I don't mean this in a bad way at all, just my opinion!

Paper Days are defiantly worth a listen and I can't wait to hear more from them. Click the links below to find out more about them and give them a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/paperdaysmusic

Thank you to Paper Days for contacting me on Instagram too!


Flame x

No comments:

Post a Comment